Kayak Rental Hudson Valley
Welcome to the Hudson Valley
Let New Paltz Kayaking provide you with your next great adventure! Explore the Walkill River, located in the beautiful and accessible Hudson Valley. We have a variety of kayak and canoe equipment available to accommodate the novice or the experienced kaykaker. We use the best equipment to help ensure your safety on the river. We’re a short ride up the Thruway from New York and Westchester – yet far enough to leave it all behind.
Kayak Rental Information and Policies
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
For everyone’s safety and convenience, all bookings and waivers must be completed online. We also ask that you help us comply with NYS mask wearing and social distancing regulations.
- Sojourner Truth Park(STP) has limited parking on the weekends and can fill up, please plan accordingly.
- Alternative parking is available on Huguenot St., approximately a 1/2 mile walk on the sidewalk, then on the Wallkill Valley Rail Trail right to STP (directions here).
- All parties must arrive early! Due to our cleaning protocols and high demand, if you arrive late we unfortunately cannot extend your reservation.
- The boat launch is only 20ft away from our Check-In Tent. After a tutorial, our staff will bring your boats to the water’s edge where we will launch you into the river!
- Please note that you are to return to the boat launch after your paddle; there is no other pick up location. We will assist you our of your kayaks when you return.
- To ensure your safety and comfort, all boats and life jackets are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each use.
- Customers must wear their life jackets and remain INSIDE the boats at all times.
- This portion of the river is perfect for beginner kayakers or anyone seeking a relaxing time on the water.
- For your safety and to protect the equipment from punctire holes, please avoid rocky areas/small rapids. Please respect the equipment and keep it clean for all.
- We recommend that you bring water, a sunhat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Comfortable workout clothes are best, no need for swimsuits as there is no swimming allowed from your boat.
- Pet friendly. Just keep in mind that medium to large dogs are better in canoes…it is hard to paddle a kayak with a big dog on your lap!